Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Shadow, Chapter One of a classic Columbia Movie Serial

The Shadow (1940) was the ninth serial released by Columbia Pictures. It was based upon the classic radio series and pulp magazine character with the same name. The Shadow battles a villain known as The Black Tiger, who has the power to make himself invisible and is attempting world domination.

I watched this as a kid and also listened to chapters of it on my parents old RCA radio, which stood about three feet all, looking beautiful, made of shiny wood and chrome and played all my favorites: Superman, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, The Shadow, Doc Savage, Batman, the Inner Santcum, Batman and on and on.

I have to think in retrospect that it was much more fun to listen to the radio, then to see the movies, as the radio required me to use my imagination, which may be why it is so big now. Who knows?

Enjoy!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments and ask questions.